Saturday 4 June 2011

In the Raw

A friend of mine at work has been doing the raw thing for a while now. She is 75% raw, and still eats dinner of cooked veggies with fish or chicken some nights. Honestly, she is positively glowing. While I don't notice that she is much smaller, she is definitely less puffy, and her skin looks radiant. Really radiant.

My diet has lately been consisting of mostly veggies and fruit, along with lots of eggs, egg whites, chicken, and fish (and of  course all those bad little goodies....) - I thought, why not give it a shot for a brief little interval? I really don't think it will do me any harm, and I could consider it a little detox (and in reality, it will just keep me from not derailing completely on baked goods). So, I'm going raw until this upcoming Friday. I'm curious to see if it will make any difference in my skin over short term (which is not really all that bad), and maybe see if it will give me the extra energy she's been raving about. She said she felt better after four/five days - so this is okay. So we shall see. I'm still having 'almond milk' and I'm allowing myself olive oil/balsamic vinegar.  Oh yeah, and coffee. In moderation. And I WILL NOT starve myself, because I already (very well) know the repercussions of doing that! Shut down metabolism, and gain a million pounds!

So today, I had a GREEN SMOOTHIE
Yummy Green Smoothie
I actually had a few of these (or half a blender full - my hubby had the rest). 
Ingredients; 1 banana, 1/2 peach, a few strawberries, 3 cups spinach, almond milk, water

It really is delicious. If you haven't tried spinach in a smoothie, give it a shot! It's such a great way to get your veggies, and it is very filling (with all that added goodness). 

I also had an apple, a cup of 100% blueberry juice (not sure if I like it), 10 almonds, and for dinner I'm having a big salad with mixed greens, cucumbers, red peppers, sunflower seeds, and a few almonds. We'll see how I'm feeling after that, I may have another apple, or berries. I'd like to keep the fruit to the morning. 

I'm also going to start each morning with hot water and some lemon juice. Helps with digestion (and keeps me from gorging on multiple cups of java). 

As for my workouts, they are going splendidly. Still doing P90X everyday - today was Legs and Back. I'm getting stronger, although some days I still feel like I'm going to die. I would like to buy some bands sooner or later, as I think they would be more practical than buying weights.

Oh yes, and one final picture of the CAKE POPS I made for the bake sale (which all sold by the way, minus the ones co-workers ate)....all 88 of them!!!!

Yummy Cake Pops!


No comments:

Post a Comment